Ah the potato! That wonderful plant that we made chips with. Really wanted to make something simple but full of flavour and all I had was mostly potatoes to work with so soup it would be. I had never made it before but it is easy to make like most soups. With so many delicious flavors mingling in one bowl has very few ingredients now making it a favourite of mine. Don’t just take my word for it, try it!
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 very large potato
- 1 medium sized white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or any milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- Himalayan salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of ham
- A sprig of thyme, parsley or coriander to decorate
- Cut the potatoes into cubes then bring to the boil, add the stock cube and cook them until they are overly cooked but should still have enough liquid left.
- Saute the onions and garlic
- Add the margarine and milk so they warm through with the potatoes and onion for a further one minute then blend it all together.
- Check for seasoning as the stock might be a bit salty, so be sure you taste before adding any further seasoning. Add Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper as required.
- Pour into your bowls.
- Decorate with a sprig of choice or top with ham and peas.