Charcuterie (pronounced “shahr-ku-tuh-ree) term derived from the French is a display or arrangement of cold meats, cheese, fruit and nuts on a chopping board or a platter of some sort.
This is my idea of a fabulous lazy lunch because some of the best things about this board is no cooking required, not much washing up to be done plus you can use whatever meats and stuff you want or what you have at hand then arrange it.
What do you require? A board of any style or shape, got mine from Mupapa Wood, a selection of meat, cheeses, crackers and fruit of your choosing.
- Your choice of cold meats
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pineapple slices
- Olives, handful
- Grapes, handful
- Fresh herbs like basil and rosemary for the aroma
- Set out a tray, chopping board or platter
- Place meats, cheese, assortment, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, crackers, olives, pineapple and hummus on board.
- Share and eat right of the board