This is my go to salad on a hot day or night when I want to dine in and most of the ingredients are what you have in the cupboard and just need to whip up something quick and satisfying.
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- A packet of frozen prawns or shrimp
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- A bag of baby spinach or lettuce
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into strips
- Whole avocado, cut
- 1 small red onion, cut in rings
- 15 green olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Garlic clove
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp english mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the prawns or shrimp for a few minutes until they are thawed get rid of any excess water then fry in a tablespoon of oil oil until they are done and turn pink. Add ginger and garlic and fry together for 30 seconds.
- Make the dressing with olive oil, vinegar, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Assemble all the remaining bits together on two plates and dizzle a little olive oil on top and dig in.